Tick Control for Your Family From the Experts
There’s nothing worse than looking down at your skin after playing outside and realizing that you have a tick or a tick bite. Time spent outdoors should be a place for making memories, not worrying about ticks and the diseases that they carry. If you’re noticing ticks around your yard, then Mosquito Joe of NW Houston is here to help!
Why Should You Consider Tick Control?
Unfortunately, ticks don’t just leave us with nasty bites, they can also spread diseases such as EEEV, Lyme disease, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, just to name a few. Ticks are among the most efficient carriers of disease because they can attach firmly to their host when biting, then feed slowly. Sometimes ticks go unnoticed on the skin for a considerable amount of time – especially when it comes to children or pets.
Our team can help protect your yard with our top-of-the-line tick control treatments consisting of a barrier spray applied in and around your outdoor areas so that you can worry less about the bites and more about the fun to be had outside.
Tick Control for the Whole Family
Pet owners and parents alike are concerned with tick prevention techniques because of the serious implications ticks can bring to loved ones. Five out of the ten diseases ticks transmit to humans can also be transmitted to our furrier friends. That’s why Mosquito Joe of NW Houston takes so much pride in our tick control services, ensuring both your family and your pets can get back outside and have some fun in the sun!
Tips on Tick Prevention
Ticks cannot jump or fly. They can only crawl. Ticks will wait for their next host from the tips of grasses and shrubs. When brushed by a moving animal or person, they quickly let go of the vegetation and climb onto the host. To avoid this from happening, there are several prevention methods that can be used for avoiding ticks:
- Know where ticks hang out in your yard – your Mosquito Joe technician can also show you the exact areas where ticks breed and live.
- Avoid heavily wooded and/or brushy areas in general.
- Use scents such as lemon, rosemary, or lavender on exposed parts of the skin.
- Avoid being outside between the hours of 6 am and noon.
- However, your best bet against ticks is to call the Mosquito Joe of NW Houston team today. We will come out and spray your yard, setting up a barrier for these pesky intruders. Since our barrier sprays target shrubbery, we already zone in on where ticks live and wait.
Tick Control Services Near Me in the Northwest Houston area
Whether you reside in Conroe, Pinehurst, Magnolia, or Tomball, TX – our team of experts is standing by to help get rid of ticks in your yard. If you’re not sure which treatment is best for your needs, give us a call at 281-815-0228 or fill out our request a quote form and a member of our NW Houston team will be with you soon.